Football meets Tennis in Basel
Founding of the association Esther Jordi Trophy
Josef Rothenfluh, Thomy Beckmann, Grit Brockmann
On 6.12.19 the founding of the association Esther Jordi Trophy took place at the Coop-Restaurant Centre Bahnhof in Biel/Bienne.
The board members:
Josef Rothenfluh, President
Grit Brockmann, Vice President
Thomy Beckmann, cashier
The world's best players of football tennis come to Basel
We play tennis with our feet, and invite You to participate in our upcoming competition this November 2019.
Participate in the 2nd Esther Jordi Trophy in Basel
The competition is our second competition in a row. In November 2018, the model for a memorial tournament was organized in Basel (Switzerland). The world's best football-tennis players participated in Basel.
We invite you to take part in the 2nd Competition, which will take place on the 2nd and 3rd November 2019, again in Basel Switzerland.
Some Facts and Figures:
- The tournament will take place over the weekend of 2nd and 3rd November 2019.
- On Saturday, the 2nd November 2019, the pre-qualifications will take place in the sports hall of the Bäumlihof Secondary School / High School in Basel.
- On 3rd November 2019, the final tournament will be held in the Pfaffenholzhalle.
- Internationally recognized referees will act as referees yet again over this championship / Tournament
- International champions of this sport discipline will be among the attendees, as well winners of last years tournament, namely:
- GHERGHEL Anemaria, Romania – EJ Trophy winner single for women 2018.
- VORNICU Razvan, Romania – EJ Trophy winning men's singles 2018.
General Information for the 2nd International Esther Jordi Trophy 2019:
- First time in the history of this trophy, we will be offering a prize money.
- Thanks to our sponsors, the total amount of CHF 10'000.- goes to the winners of the championship.
- If you want to come to the main finale on 3rd November 2019, you must qualify for the tournament on 2nd November 2019.
- For the final – a maximum number of qualified players 8 ladies and 8 men are foreseen
- Number of participants of the qualification is limited for organizational reasons
- Costs CHF 20, - per player
- A Media Conference will take place on 4th November 2019 @11:00 clock in the media center of FC Basel. Among the main topics:
- The 3rd Esther Jordi Trophy 2020
- Men and women single tournament
- Prize money
- The Trophy
The second Esther Jordi Trophy is split in two phases:
Everyone can participate in the Trophy. In the run-up to the event, every participant of the Trophy can participate in the training of the Footballtennis-Club Basel, where you have the opportunity to learn more about this competitive sport. The training takes place every Wednesday in the sports hall of the Bäumlihofgymnasium at 20.00 clock.
When and where:
Saturday 2nd November 2019 from 2.00 pm in the sports hall of the Bäumlihof’s Gymnasium, Address: Zu den drei Linden 80, CH 4058 Basel.
20.- CHF per person.
The best eight are chosen in a knockout procedure. These 8 participants will take part in the finals on the 3rd of November and compete with the best.
The Esther Jordi Trophy is also suitable as a corporate event. Register with your employees and experience a wonderful team day.
Deadline: 25th October 2019
The best 8 ladies and 8 men of the qualification of Saturday 2nd November 2019.
When and where:
Sunday 3rd November 2019 from 10.00 am in the Pfaffenholzhalle, Rue de Lattre de Tassigny 47, F-68300 St. Louis. Although the Pfaffenholzhalle is on French soil, it can be reached from Basel without border control.
Prize money 10'000.- CHF
That was the Esther Jordi Trophy 2019
Do You need a hotel?
Football tennis is tennis played with the players feet. Thus, the team sport football becomes a single fight sport, or it is the real handshake between football and tennis.
Football tennis has its beginnings in the first half of the 20th century. Footballers use football tennis in their training.
In 1987, IFTA (International Footballtennis Association) became the first international world sports association. Esther Jordi was the first general secretary working on the side of Josef Rothenflueh, the first president. In 2010, another international association was born, namely UNIF (Union Internationale de Footnet). [Both organizations work hand-in-hand to promote football tennis all over the world.
Football tennis is rather unknown sports in Switzerland. However, it is well promoted in French-speaking part of Switzerland. An exception was Basel, our host city, where football tennis was played from the start. Basel has it’s own club, the Footballtennis club Basel. See Wikipedia for more Information.
About Esther Jordi
Esther Jordi 1955-2018 was an innovative and extraordinary personality from Lengnau, Kanton Bern, Switzerland. She was very fond of Footballtennis, among many other activities and topics.
With this Trophy we continue the innovative spirit of the late Esther Jordi, the lady behind the idea of this tournament. This Trophy is an innovative high-level tournament designed to promote football tennis and make football- and tennis-players meet face-to-face in that innovative game, simply put the handshake between football and tennis.
Make us known
Melden Sie sich bei unserem Kommunikationsverantwortlichen Thomy Beckmann unter n-bx+fDf-P7z+v2y6fbs9vDxsfz3@nospam und Sie erhalten Promo-Material.